S / L+S, DUAL DRIVE per axis
The 7m30 antenna model of Zodiac Data Systems is a field and time proven product delivered to customers for mission-critical applications where the telemetry reception is at stake. Any flying target such as aircraft or space launching vehicles will be accurately tracked thanks to the high gain of this large aperture antenna.
The antenna control unit with its embedded Cortex tracking receiver can distribute its tracking position to other computers on TCP-IP, as well as receive a slaving external information. The additional advanced algorithms also allow trajectory interpolation (memory tracking) and automatic search-scan patterns.
The very robust and solid design of the system ensures the best performance for mission-critical applications: aluminum-alloy reflector for increased surface accuracy, SCM tracking feeds for reliable and accurate tracking, dual drive for motors redundancy and no-backlash…
Zodiac Data Systems also extends the antenna offer to turnkey ground stations thanks to the complementary Cortex series and RF product lines for both air-ground and space-ground applications.
- Full motion Elevation/Azimuth – Rotary joint pedestal providing full hemispherical coverage
- Single band (S) or dual band (L+S) configurations available
- No backlash and redundant motors thanks to dual drive for Az and El axis
- S-band monopulse feeds for high accuracy tracking
- Typical air-ground telemetry applications accessories: axial video camera, operator control desk, touchscreen ACU controls
- Full motion time-proven pedestal suitable for tracking any flying target, including space launchers
- Reliable and field proven hardware design with built-in motor redundancy
- High precision tracking thanks to Single Channel Monopulse (SCM) tracking feeds in S band
- Simple motor cabinet maintenance thanks to embedded platform with ladder